Sunday, March 22, 2015

Response to Course Materials

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are finished! We finally finished reading and analyzing the play... kind of. I don't think our class actually came up with a theme statement for the play, which supports our title as the least-productive class! Overall, I really liked the play. I missed a lot of class over the past couple of weeks, so I think I may have missed quite a bit of class discussion and analysis. This is a real bummer because out of all of the works that we have gone over in class, this one may be the one that we could use the most during the AP exam essay. Like what I said in the previous RCM post, when we were in the middle of our discussion process, R&G really tripped me up. Now I am contemplating the meaning of life during basically every past-time, from long car rides to the boring parts of physics class. Who am I kidding? I contemplate the meaning of life in every part of Physics class. That shit is boring.

The next thing we did on blogger was our peer reviews. I got some interesting comments from some interesting people, which is always fun. I also got some great feedback that I am definitely going to use during my editing session. Last time we got comments, I completely forgot to do my blog revisions on time and it totally came back to bite me! Not happening again, and this time I'll do even better. Just as Jimmy Carter once said, "You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can."

Frankenstein was also started during this past couple of weeks. I have yet to form an opinion on the book. I also would like to point out that this is the first work that we have read that was not created primarily to be performed on stage!

We also found out through the Kahoots how terrible we actually are at learning on our own. The
whole Critical lenses and literary eras was difficult, but I think I got the jest of it.

Open prompts are getting a LOT easier. The second time around, I kind of had a feel for what I was supposed to be doing. I also think that my essay that I wrote turned out 100x better. I went to Schuler's on a Sunday afternoon (it was surprisingly not busy) and sat in the corner and got to work. I may have gotten too deep on the open prompt, but hey you only live once, right?


3 comments:

  1. Nicely done. You touched on everything and showed that you really took something away from the texts. I'm not sure where you guys are with the 30-second mythology, but our class is making its rounds with that right now. Perhaps make a note about that?

    Another big thing that we did was the prezis/mytholohy Kahoots. We spent 2 or 3 days on those, as well as a few days discussing. Make a note about those too, and I think you're good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete